Re: [Epic] Eldar tactics

From: Spatula <shupes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 09:14:54 -0500

> From: "Timothy J. Kilgore" <tkilgore_at_...>
>
> > Eldar Titans against Tyranids? Any titan is a bad choice
> >against them, but the eldar titans are the worst. Are your bug
> >opponents foolish or do they just roll extremely poorly?
>
> Actually I have to disagree here. I have had grwat success with one titan
> armament in particular. You first have to realise that my group allows
> Chaos titans the run of chaos and imperial choices for armament. A warlord
> equipped with Doom Fist. Hell Blade, Titan tail, Battle head, Death storm
> and a doomburner

        ...is an 18 VP snack for the bugs. Well, snack is the
wrong word, maybe meal; Warlords do have a good number of void
shields.

> can handle itself very well against bugs. Especcially in
> Hand to Hand. This sucker could take on an Imperator with a 50/50 chance of
> winning(in hand to hand, assuming that the imperator did not blow the crap
> out of him as he was charging up. Even if the bug has ripper tenracles, he
> has two Hand to hand weapons (both nasty) and if he losses one it doesn't
> matter.

        How would it get into hand to hand? It's not fast enough
to catch any of the tyranid titans, they could run away from it all
day until the Doms finally get through the shields. The only ranged
weapon it has that could even scare them is the Doom Burner, and
that only has a range of 75cm with 1 attack die (the death storm is
nice but it's isn't going to do much to the tyranid titans and hardly
justifies a 900 point model that gives up massive VPs when it dies).
Maybe if there were other, juicier targets sitting around this guy
could survive till the end of the game, but I can't see him accomplishing
a whole lot (not for his points, anyway).

Scott
shupes_at_...