Re: [Epic] Eldar tactics

From: Spatula <shupes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 09:39:09 -0500

> From: "oki_at_..." <oki@...>
>
> >The Carnifaxes and Hive Tyrants can as well. It is a little annoying having
> >them shield possibly one of the best units in the game (DOM) while Greater
> >Daemons can always be seen. A little inconsistency.
>
> BTW, can we use Knights as a shield for GD ?

        Technically, no. But remember that Renegades was written
before GDs were classed as super-heavies, back then there really
was nothing like them (model-wise, size-wise you should have been
able to screen them with a dreadnought but I digress). And the
rules were never changed with TL, because we all know how confusing
it would be to have two different versions of the rules still in
print. =)

> I always thought that command
> units cannot be targeted specifically refers units of the same type rather
> than same class. One of the reason given is that in the heat of the battle
> it is practically impossible for the opposing side to choose a SM captain
> unit apart from a regular SM unit. But I am sure even the dumbest Ogryn can
> tell a Dominatrix apart from Trygon, much less a Carnifex. Duh !
>
> I am not sure if the Trygon shielding of Dominatrix is legal, the 1st
> mention of it by the GW was in a WD article wasn't it ? And by Gavin ?

        Actually it appears in Hive War several times that Hive
Tyrants and Doms are screened by super-heavies like Carnis and
Trygons. Oh, and Harridans, I forgot they were SHVs. Yes, it
sounds foolish and goes completely against the no-screens-for-GDs
bit, but there you go.

Scott
shupes_at_...