Re: [Epic] Football Vs Combat

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 1997 09:31:00 -0600

At 07:26 PM 4/1/97 -0800, you wrote:

>just to keep this thread alive, and to have some more fun,
>i wanted to point out that there was another "contact" sport that resulted
>in nearly 1200 US troops being sent home from the theater...
>"Gulf War Baby Syndrome"!
>
>and then there were those who used proper personal protective measures
>and came home from the war with rather a bit of spare cash!

You have to appreciate women in the military. After all, Gen. Hooker
carried a whole caravan with his troops in the U.S. Civil War (hence the
name "hooker" for a prostitute from "Hooker's Girls" as they were called -
damn, it's that linguist sneaking out again).

No offense, Bonnie.

>hope you had your MOP gear on, Temp!
>some *wierd* strains of STDs came back from over there...

Actually, I was sent to a training school in Camp Le Jeune, NC, and by the
time I got out the war was over. I never left the country. At the time I
was pretty upset, but I was young and brainwashed.

Temp