Re: [Epic] Chaos Titan Weapons

From: Brett Hollindale <agro_at_...>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 10:44:52 GMT

At 03:23 PM 1/4/97 +1000, you wrote:
>>OK, to get away from GW bashing for a minute, just what chaos titan weapons
>do >people think should
>>be mounted on what titan? I know this has probably been asked before but I
>>wasn't around
>>to hear the reply. In the WD article on the Banelord it specifically says
>you >cannot
>>mount any of its weapons (battle head, chaos tail with gun, doom fist etc.)
>on >any titan other than
>>a Banelord. In Titan Legions it just lumps all the chaos weapons together
>on a >single page
>>with no apparent restriction on what can take what.
>
>Nope. There seems to be little restriction, so it depends on what you
>allow. We allow most of that stuff to be generally mounted, with the
>exceptions I make below. So my personal favourite is the Support Missile
>(Vortex, Barrage or Warp, take your pick) + Fire-control tower + 2
>Deathstorms + Deathstrike cannon (maybe). Nasty and VERY shooty. At our
>club we play WYSIWYG so noone has actually tried it yet. But I may very
>soon (getting nice, cheap Deathstorms!).
>
>>So do people think a Warlord can mount a doom fist, a death storm, a chaos
>tail >with gun?
>
>Depends on what you allow. According to the Titan Legions list there is not
>much stopping people doing this, but I personally would be against anyone
>using the Battlecannon tail and Bloodletter head on anything appart from a
>Banelord.
>
>>Can Reavers mount chaos tails?
>>Can Warhounds mount chaos tails?
>
>I assume that they can. I actually think its appropriate for Warhounds.
>
>>And probably one of the more cheesy combinations, can Warhounds mount a
>chaos >energy whip, a doom
>>fist?
>>Personnally I don't think the Warhound can mount anything but what it says
>on >the data sheet
>
>I actually think that the Warhound Data sheet states exactly what it can and
>can't mount. If its not in the list on the Data Sheet, then you can't use it.

A bit of a problem with this is that none of the data sheets mention the
chaos weapons at all. Thus a Warlord couldn't mount a chaos weapon with any
more justification than a warhound.

I have always figured that the chaos weapons were to equalise the fact that
there are no chaos battlegroups.

I figure that any chaos ttan can mount any chaos weapon.

Agro