Re: [Epic] Eldar tactics

From: Brett Hollindale <agro_at_...>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 12:53:13 GMT

At 05:02 AM 3/4/97 -0600, you wrote:
>> Obviously you don't play that a unit on pop up is exposed for the whole of
>> the FF phase. Is this common?
>>
>> Agro
>
>Extremely common; as in the way it is supposed to be done. A pop-up unit
>is not exposed until it fires. (Barring house rules, of course.)

>Allen

I've checked the rules and I guess it _could_ be interpretted that way,

quote SM page 18

When skimmers make a pop up attack, enemy units on FF orders are allowed to
fire back if they are able to do so, but enemy with advance orders may not
fire at the skimmers because they have now dropped back down into cover
where they cannot be seen.

end quote

but I would say that the orders (FF or Advance) are the deciding factor,
rather than the word "back" (as in "fire back").

As we are making fire declarations we ask "is this whatever popping up". If
the answer is yes, then the "whatever" is a valid target for the whole of
the FF phase.

How do others feel about skimmers not being targets before they shoot?

Agro