Re: [Epic] Eldar tactics

From: Brett Hollindale <agro_at_...>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 21:31:55 GMT

At 07:41 PM 3/4/97 +0200, you wrote:
>Agro wrote:

>>>Extremely common; as in the way it is supposed to be done. A pop-up unit
>>>is not exposed until it fires. (Barring house rules, of course.)
>
>Absolutely right. This is the way it was designed. And I admit I consider
>this as the basis of Eldar tactics.
>
>>Hmmmm...
>>
>>I'll ask the guys why we do it that way.
>>
>>It would make quite a difference...
>>

>>Agro
>
>Really, Agro, what would be the _real_ difference between a unit with
>pop-up capability and another one if you can shoot it whenever you want?

Well, we've always figured the difference was that you had to be on FF to
shoot a skimmer that was popping up from behind cover...

This makes a big difference to most armies (the squats don't worry about it,
of course).

>And I think I know why "the guys" do it that way: they understand pop-up
>capability is one of the most powerful asset of the game and are afraid of
>it.

I think it is more like they feel that "if you can shoot at me, I should be
able to shoot at you".

Agro