Re: [Epic] Thought on EPIC 40K

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 1997 08:21:46 -0600

At 10:58 AM 4/3/97 -0800, you wrote:

>I just wish GW would realise that we have not won the lottery, and some of
>us aren't 14 and spoiled with parents to buy everything we want.

And yet this demographic group has had tremendous growth in expendable
income in recent years. I recall when I was that age it took me a month to
save up enough to get a Player's Handbook for D&D, and that was during
lawnmowing season. My friend who runs the game store says he has a good
sized crew of kids that age who drop $20 every week like clockwork on figs,
and that doesn't stop when new boxed sets come out. They just pick those up
at the same time.

I just shake my head and think how much more worthless I'd be if I had had
that kind of free cash at that age.

Temp