[Epic] Thought on EPIC 40K

From: Stephen Sheldon <sheldona_at_...>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 10:58:06 -0800 (PST)

I just read through the new rules, and forgive me if this has been brought
up before... I thought of a couple of things that have been dropped or
changed that shouldn't have been, ie:
ORKS
Mekboy speedsta:
Death rays may be too powerful, but 30cm range is small
Gone are bubble chukkas, are these death rays? how about giving them a
disrupt option for +12-15 pts? The missile speedstas could have a barrage
for +10pts, which leaves the kannon as death rays, which then limits the
number of DRs in a squad, therefore making them more reasonable.
I am presuming either a new model is being released as a flak wagon, or
the magna kannon fits this role.

IMPERIAL
I miss knights already. maybe I will make more rules later.
I think it is good ordinatus have no shields, but 5+ armour makes them a
very expensive target.
Deathstrikes sound very powerful, we shall have to see if they live up to
it...

ELDAR
No more warphunters, my favourite eldar detachment...
Warphunter speed Range FP assault armour special pts
              30 45 disrupt 1 5+ skimmer 25
1 per unit, warhost support

Firestorm As fire prism except 3FP, no anti tank, 35pts

TYRANIDS
I think the biotitans should be able to regen wounds on a 5+ in the
repairing phase. They are very expensive after all

Apart from that, I think I like the rules a lot. It's about time they got
the scale of things right. If you want detail you always have first and
second ed...
I just wish GW would realise that we have not won the lottery, and some of
us aren't 14 and spoiled with parents to buy everything we want. I
remember when a baneblade was 2.99GB pounds (~$6) now it's $18Cdn What
gives?

Any opinions are appreciated, there will be more as I notice stuff..
Steve