Re: [Epic] New plastic box sets

From: richard milton baird <rmbaird_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 13:59:59 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 10 Apr 1997, Christophe HAUSS wrote:

> ----------
> > > Anyone know the contents of the new plastic box sets? Specifically,
> > > Eldar warhost and Tyranid swarm.
> >
> > Tyranid swarm -- can't be certain, but I believe it is two of
> > the old sprues. (But it's only $10, so it's cheaper now!)
>
> Yes, I saw one in the new White Dwarf (207 I presume),
> and you get 2 sprues for this price! Whaou!!!

Alright, I don't know if you are kidding, but if not, check this out.
In the old Swarm box you got: for about $14.00

10 stands termagants
5 stands hormagaunts
5 stands gargoyles
5 lictors
5 stands genestealers
5 stands tyranid warriors

In the new box you get: for about $10.00
(I don't have it in fron of me, but I was looking at'em just the other
day so correct me if I'm wrong.)
4 stands termagants
2 stands hormagaunts
2 stands gargoyles
2 (or is it 3?) lictors
2 stands genestealers
2 (or again, 3?_ stands tyranid warriors

Now, don't go thinking that we're getting a better deal with the new
plastic. Granted, with E40K, you don't absolutely have to have five
stands of genestealers to be able to field them at all, but its still
more expensive.

Later,
Rich

PS: I didn't mean to come down on you for thinking that your were
getting a better deal. I'm just kind of angry with GW for raising the
plastic prices. But, I am kind of happy with them for making another
really playable and fun game. I'm still going to play Space Marine/Epic,
but E40K is really a fun, if different game.