Re: [Epic] epic 40k detachment costs

From: Spatula <shupes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 15:03:48 -0400

> From: Richard Dewsbery <dewsbery_at_...>
>
> 25+25 for a captain as compared to 40 for a warboss, 32 for an IG
> command unit, or 50 for a farseer seems to me as if they are all
> perfectly consistent. Yes, the SM captain IS more than the ork. Man
> for man, he's a better stand of troops with a better FP, Ass, armour and
> skills.

        I don't have my copy of the game yet, so maybe this question
makes no sense at all, but... Why would they factor this +25 points
into every commander *except* the SM & CSM ones? Seems pretty silly
unless the exception is clearly spelled out in the rules (and it
doesn't sound like that's the case). Unless it's possible to include
SM captains in your army without making them the HQ? (and it's not
possible with the other commanders?)

Scott
shupes_at_...