Re: [Epic] Eldar Super Heavies (er I mean War Engines)

From: Richard Dewsbery <dewsbery_at_...>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 08:48:26 +0100

Timothy J. Kilgore wrote:
> I used a detachment of Engines of Vaul. 3 Scorpions the ones with the
> pulsar on it.
> No these things absolutley rocked the whole game. Out of a 1000 point game
> those 330 points took out 3 Swadow Swords, 6 Leman russes, 3 Hell hounds,
> and 2 Hydras, and 7 infantry stands, in 4 turns. They each have a pulsar that does d6 anti
> tank shots. That means that for the 3 of them I have 3-18 anti tank shots!!
> When they are on overwatch you can expect them to get about 13 - 15 shots!!

Looking at _average_ rolls, you'll get 3.5 shots from each - 10.5 for
the three, each turn. Of these, half will miss - giving 5 hits. on
qverwatch, you might expect to get 2 or 3 of the misses converted into
hits on a reroll. So I'd expect 5 hits normally. As they are capable
of doing lots of damage and placing lots of blastmarkers, I'd try to
take them out ASAP.

For 330 pts, a SM player could have 9 land raiders - that's 18 AT shots,
without hoping for 6's. And there's more of them to have to shoot.
With this detachment, I'd expect 9 hits per turn, 13 or 14 on overwatch.

Now THAT's real power :-)

Richard