[Epic] Beer and stuff

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 21:20:40 -0500

At 09:13 AM 4/10/97 -0700, you wrote:

>>There is only one good beer, Shiner Bock, a dark beer that unlike Guiness
doesn't have that tree bark aftertaste! But be prepared to come to Texas,
(that little nation just north of Mexico), 'cause it its a crime to take our
national treasure out. Let's not even start on the "Fine Australian Table
Wines", that Mr. E. Idle of England, is so fond of;]

Shiner Bock is less than the best offered by the U.S. Also, I rather enjoy
Australian Shirazes (or whatever the plural of Shiraz is) and Shiraz-Cabernets.

To Jason: a Bock is a kind of beer, as opposed to an ale. a rough outline
follows

_Beer version_ _Ale version_
lager ale
porter stout
bock pale ale
pilsner I forget - can anyone else field this?

So in answer to your question, a Bock is a type of beer, usually of medium
darkness, fair body, and a touch bitter (from the hops). This is a rough
approximation, so if there are any other beer afficianados, don't flame me.

Temp