Re: [Epic] Beer and stuff

From: Alan Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 16:03:52 -0700

duckrvr_at_... wrote:

> Shiner Bock is less than the best offered by the U.S. Also, I rather enjoy
> Australian Shirazes (or whatever the plural of Shiraz is) and Shiraz-Cabernets.

IMHO Germany produces the best whites, Hungary the best sweet reds,
Australia the best dry reds. But some French wines can be superb, and
I've even enjoyed the occasional South African or Californian offering.

The Canberra region has a number of wineries, some only 10 minutes away
from where I'm typing this. May just mosey off (moselle off?) to a free
wine tasting or two.

BTW If you like the Shiraz varieties (that strain originated in Persia,
a very similar climate to here) and Cabernet, you'd probably love the
Sauvignons too. Try some Hunter Valley Cabernet-Sauvignons or
Cab-Shirazes for a real "Brick Red" perfect for accompanying Steak.

--
100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo
See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture