[Epic] Re: [E40K] Ork Vehicles

From: Alan Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 16:29:46 -0700

Mark A Shieh wrote:

> Does anyone have ideas on how to scratchbuild or convert some
> other vehicles together from these sort of plastic parts?
> Specifically, a Skullhamma or other Battle Fortress, and Mekboy
> vehicles?

The old Epic Skullhamma and Giblet Grinda were far too small for their
'actual'
size. The new ones should be considerably bigger. And more $ too, not
that the old ones were cheap, they were a Rip-Off in price.
There is an illustration of a skullhammer in the Warlords book - it's
the one with 2 turrets with gretchin etc (literally) hanging off it. It
also appears (too small) on the cover of Titan Legions, by the Mega
Gargant.

> I know what a custom cannon and bubble chukka look like
> from the Warlords book, but cannot find any other pictures of mekboy
> vehicles.

The old epic ones are good. To make a Kustomised Lifter-Dropper would be
difficult: the Mega Gargant SLD is far too big, but is of the correct
shape.

> Am I just going to have to buckle down and shell out real
> money for bikes or cavalry, or does anyone have ideas? There isn't
> any Imperial or SM player drowning in extra bikes around here, and
> Jetbikes are just too, err, Eldar looking.

Ork bikes are very very different from SM or IG ones, I'm afraid. I use
the REALLY old metal ones when I can, otherwise the Old (Epic) Ork
Invasion ones or new (E40K) ones which are identical to one another.

> Orks get Ogryns?!? Is this new or am I blind? (Ork Warlord
> bodyguard)

If you look at 'Ere We Go' or 'Freebooterz', you'll see Ogryn only used
in small amounts. This was omitted in Epic 2nd edition, and has now been
(rightfully IMHO) restored.

> Is a Wierdboy in a Battlewagon just the WBBT?

10/10 for observation. Yes.

--
100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo
See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture