Re: [Epic] Wines, Beer and tree bark

From: Dan Lobb <danlobb_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 21:44:07 -0700

Jason Stephensen wrote:
> And FYI Australia is actually starting to really have a good rep for making
> wines. I hit wineries at least twice a year and I have to admit that
> compared to overseas wines we are really starting to make some of the best.

I realized after I sent that message that you might not be familiar with
the Monty Python skit about "Fine Australian table wines". It is really
no worse than what they used to say about California wines. I have had
some good Aussie wine, Black Opal. No, wait, that is South African...
Please recommend a wine that I might find over here.

Shiner Bock is a dark beer. It is not a stout, I was attempting to be
humorous about a subject that I am not well versed in. I tend to
classify them all as beer. (I classify champagne as wine.) I don't
discuss this with brewers and vintners, as they can get a little
defensive:P

Do you have Mexican food in Australia? I think that is the main reason I
can't leave Texas. I eat it 4 or 5 times a week. I lived in the northern
U.S. for awhile and starved. They only stocked the most bland sauces in
the New York area. It may be different now.

danlobb_at_...
...intends no real offense to Australian wines.