Re: [Epic] Wines, Beer and tree bark

From: Alan Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 18:10:58 -0700

Dan Lobb wrote:

> Please recommend a wine that I might find over here.

Anything by Tyrrel's. Anything by Wolf Blass. Anything that's won any
form of medal in Australia.

> Do you have Mexican food in Australia? I think that is the main reason I
> can't leave Texas. I eat it 4 or 5 times a week. I lived in the northern
> U.S. for awhile and starved. They only stocked the most bland sauces in
> the New York area. It may be different now.

*Chuckle*. I've had some hot Mexican food. In LA. 5-alarm Chilli. But
compared with some Thai recipes, it was relatively mild. OTOH compared
to the hottest chili avaialble in Eyrope, it was blistering.

Yes, we do have Mexican food. Yes, we have Thai food. I've had at least
one Texan guest in my house who didn't believe me when I told him the
home-made chilli sauce was probably hotter than he was used to. (I'd
freeze-dried and ground the seeds myself, and they were the teeny Thai
chillis that are the hottest on earth)
Fortunately, I pursuaded him to take a spoonfull of the Chilli I'd put a
teaspoon in, rather than have it straight.
Sweat poured out. His eyes bulged. He started to hiccup.
--
100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo
See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture