Re: [Epic] Re: Epic Q&A

From: Brett Hollindale <agro_at_...>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 16:40:17 GMT

At 06:03 PM 11/4/97 +0000, you wrote:
>Here's a copy of the message I sent to JJ, about pop-ups amongst other
>things for those of you who missed it.
>
> DSK
>

>>Please find the answers to your Q&A below. I've done the best I can, but as
>>I'm sure you can appreciate, concentrating on the new rules system has left
>>me rather rusty on the old one!
>>
>>>1. Can you use the psychic saving throw from void shields to nullify the
>>>Eldar psychic lance?
>>>
>>> In the weapons description it says that it passes straight through
>>>shields and armour, but void shields disrupt psychic attacks. Having said
>>>that they don`t disrupt bolts from wierdboyz as these use lightning or some
>>>such nonsense. Which is it for the psychic lance?
>>
>>P: I'd say the void shields don't work. The fact that the psychic lance
>>description *says* it avoids 'shields' implies we meant it to avoid all
>>shields including void shields (void shields are so common that we'd heave
>>said if they were exempt).

It could mean that it does a hit to the titan rather than removing a void
shield...

>>>2. When firing a direct barrage can the template be centred on the top of
>>>the building, even though this is out of LOS or the firer?
>>>
>>> OR must the centre of the template be placed within the firers LOS .
>>
>>P: This shouldn't matter too much either way, as long as you are
>>consistent. I'd play that the centre needed to be in LOS if pressed, but
>>can't say it was ever n issue in any game I've ever played.
>>
>>>4. Do vehicles making pop-up attacks pop-up at the beginning of the First
>>>Fire Phase and count as popped-up for the entire phase?
>>>
>>> OR do they pop-up just before they fire and they stay popped up from
>>>then until the phase ends?
>>
>>P: The second option.
>>
>>>5. Can snap-fire weapons fire at a popping up vehicle before it shoots?
>>
>>P: Yes

Right, so snap-fire weapons (which shoot in the movement phase) can shoot a
skimmer on pop up before it shoots, but pop ups don't happen until the First
Fire Phase?

Completely inconsistant and unrelated to what is written in the rules, so
yeah, I'd say it came from one of the Primarchs...

(Not that I don't appreciate the answer, I do. It's great to know that the
Primarchs are interested enough in our questions to answer them, it's just
that when they do, I wish that they could be a little more authoratative or
considered or something...)

Jervis admits that concentrating on the new rule set has made him "rusty"
with relation to Space Marine but he's pretty wishy washy above...

Perhaps he means that snap-fire weapons can target a skimmer on the ground
(that they have LOS to before it pops up, before it pops up. Perhaps he
means that the description of snap-fire weapons should be ammended to
include something other than just "shooting in the movement phase".

>>Hope that helps.
>>
>>Jervis
>>
>>jervisj_at_...
>>

> DSK
>

>------------The force will be with you, always.------------
>
> David Knowles
> E-mail: Link0031_at_...
>
> Commander of Blood Angel Marines,
> Night Stalker Titan Legion,
> 8th Montanan Regiment Imperial Guard.
>
>----May the light of the eternal Emperor shine upon you.---

Anyway, thanks Dave. It's good to know that JJ is still on the job...

Agro