Re: [Epic] GW Prices

From: Alan Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 20:25:52 -0700

Chen-Song Qin wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Apr 1997, Tristrim Peter Murnane wrote:

> But seriously, I heard that they put Kangaroo meat in ALL their "beef"
> burgers. It's cheaper or something. BTW, what's a drop bear

Actually, Roo for human consumption is more pricey than beef or
beefallo.

Drop Bears are (fortunately) rather rare, and like the Tasmanian Devil
and Tasmanian Tiger, are carnivorous marsupials. Like their distant
cousins, Koalas, they live in gum trees. Unlike Koalas, whose diet
consists of nothing more than Eucalyptus leaves, these things eat meat.
Mainly Birds and Treesnakes. But they also take out small Kangaroos (Man
size or smaller) by the simple process of dropping on them and biting
through the back of the neck.

They are restricted to certain areas, and are a protected species. But
do NOT walk under a gum tree at night. They have a keen sense of smell,
and are attracted by people who smell of unfamiliar food, i.e. tourists
and such.

Crocadiles kill more people every year, so they're not such a big
problem.
--
100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo
See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture