Re: [Epic] [E40k] Walking the hits down a detachment

From: Alan Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 20:43:55 -0700

The Ogre wrote:

> You have to shoot the nearest thing you can affect .... Which will be a
> screen if you have one...Its like for normal shooting, you have to
> incomparison walk down your dice through the detachment...

Ummm...
Look at page 31. The bit about "Super Heavy Weapons can be fired at any
target within range so, for example, they can pick out an individual
targets within a detachment."

Now look at page 32. What's the first SHW listed? Anti_tank.

A LR's guns appear _not_ to be normal FPs who happen to hit on a 4+,
they are basically mini Death Rays.
Your interpretation OTOH makes a great deal more sense. One for the
Primarchs I feel, but at the moment, they can shoot at any individual
unit in range and LOS - just like all other SHWs.

> Like shooting Battlewagons with Orks on them....
> First shoot the battlewagon with any 6's or 5's you have, as they are
> the first things to shoot, and the troops hop off, and get shot with
> anything with a 4+.... If there were troops unboarded behind the
> battlewagons, and you could shoot them, but not using 5's or 6's until
> you destroy all the battlewagons in the way. BUT if you fail to do
> that. I am not sure, the rule books fell short of achieving that
> verification (silly lack of foresight if you ask me, but what the hey,
> thats what e-mailing Jervis and WD Q&A's are for.

Agreed.

--
100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo
See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture