Re: [Epic] Things I miss in E40K

From: W. Gregory Klett <cyclops_at_...>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 15:27:09 -0500

>> The Ogre <the.ogre_at_...> writes:
>> > Mark A Shieh wrote:
>> > f***ing awkaward.. Especailly at the moment, the shops for e40k gaming
>> > will not let you use Doomdiver Magnas for flak wagons, oh well! So
>> > every army is at the mercy of the Thunderhawk! Or at least so it seems!
>
> Hmm, this all reminded me, I'm never going to have a game now
>aginst DoomDiver MagnaCannons. Very cool sounding name, and I'kll never
>see it's wierd affects against elder pop up tank-hunters. (Hey hey, spin
>1 around 180 degrees, and you had to take the entire detchmant off first
>fire).
> And I think the Falcons look less like troop carrying tanks than
>more like 40K jetbikes (same modeler mabye did both?).I liked the old ones
>more.
> What does other ppl miss? (sorry if this was already talked about!)

 I suppose it was the whole point of the rewrite, but I miss the different
flavors of the various armies. For all the differences there are now we
just as well play only Imperial vs. Imperial. After all that is mostly what
it is now.
 Sure the models are different, and the names are changed between armies,
the only difference is which 'skill' they've tacked on.

 I miss having each army using almost totally different equipment, sure
it lead to occasional hassles but now all we have is the choice between
vanilla and vanilla with only a few colored sprinkles for differences.

  Greg Klett

| W. Gregory Klett | Those that can, do! |
| cyclops_at_... | Those that could and won't, dream. |
| | Those that can't, pretend and brag about it! |