Re: [Epic] [E40k] Misc. Minor Foulups

From: Stephen Sheldon <sheldona_at_...>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 23:00:50 -0700 (PDT)

The minor foulups are not in the rules....

> Some (IMHO) glitches
>
> 1. Eldar Guardians. These have some form of armour - better than Imp Gd,
> anyway. They should have an armour of 4 (and cost 10 pts)

Debatable

> 2. Aspect Warriors should have an armour of 5, equal to SMs, and cost
> more (12 pts).

Space marines are trained in survivability, the armour rating in E40K
takes into account; armour, wounds, training, toughness. Aspect warriors
are trained in the art of puffy armour and are not as tough as marines.

> 3. Space Marine Scouts should lose their rapid-fire ability, decrease
> their CC, and their armour should be 3. They should, of course, be
> radically cheaper as a result (11 pts).

Going by 40K, maybe, but I like them the way they are, again they have the
scout skills so they will survive better.

> 4. How come Chaos Thousand Sons CSMs cost 1 pt more than SMs, while
> having identical stats? (not complaining, an observation).

Shouldn't complain, CSM have daemons (which just kicked the snot out of my
entire army, evil little regenerating bastards)

> It would be nice to have a list of what Old stuff corresponds to the New
> Stuff. We know Bubblechukker = DeathRay etc but there are a few
> oddities. Like Mole Mortars. Support (AT) or Artillery? or just MIA?

Support... As for the Bchukka, You could make a whole bunch of rules for
what you want. The rules are very open ended, and they even invite you to
make up new units, but they tried to keep the game very simple and fast,
by making exceptions you are changing that...
Steve