Re: [Epic] Do they still exist?

From: <oki_at_...>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 18:45:25 +0800

At 10:39 AM 4/15/97 +0200, you wrote:
>I'm going to paint some more models for my chaos army but I
>wont be able to put my hands on the new rules for a while so...
>
>Before I paint a lot of stuff I though I should check that it's
>still legal in a chaos army.
>
>1) Are there still trolls & minotaurs? (They don't exist in 40k right?)

I think no news of them yet.

>2) Can I use Landraiders, rhinos and thunderhawks?

Yup. But no Chickenhawks though.

>3) Is there any difference between different types of minor deamons?

IIRC, there is FleshHounds (cavalry) and BloodLetters(Rampage) for Khorne.
Daemonette/ Pink Horror/ Plague Bearer all have the same stat as Daemon and
Save, Psyker ability. Does this mean all 4+ save all those daemons ? Phew,
scary.

BTW does anyone feel that the greater daemons has been toned down ? I
checked the Armies book and read that the BloodThirster cost a measly 29 pts
(+25 if you make him a detachment HQ). The rest of the GD is not much
better. And I always thought that a couple (or maybe three) of these guys
should be able to take on a Dominatrix head-on. Silly me. It just just the
fluff I suppose. Daemon princes and Greater Daemons are supposed to rule
over their Chaos worlds/planets by themselves - these guys are beyond mortal
comprehension :P

Remember the good old day when a GD with Growth (sorry, cannot quite
remember the exact Chaos card - has it been so long ?) can take on an
Imperator ! Now these guys are not significantly better than most other troops.

And imagine, Hive Tyrants having the same Assault as Genestealers. Sigh ! I
suppose with the uglier the model (and the cheaper) the less effective the
models are.

>4) Are the Khorne deamonengines worth painting?

I like Brass Scorpions and Doom Blaster.

>5) Anything else I should know? (Before choosing what to paint)

Blood for the Blood God !