Re: [Epic] Eldar Super Heavies (er I mean War Engines)

From: Timothy J. Kilgore <tkilgore_at_...>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 10:34:50 -0400 (EDT)

At 10:00 PM 4/15/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Timothy J. Kilgore wrote:
>>
>> Alright I played my first game of Epic 40k today and I honestly liked it,
>> but thats not the point of this.
>>
>> I used a detachment of Engines of Vaul. 3 Scorpions the ones with the
>> pulsar on it.
>> No these things absolutley rocked the whole game. Out of a 1000 point game
>> those 330 points took out 3 Swadow Swords, 6 Leman russes, 3 Hell hounds,
>> and 2 Hydras, and 7 infantry stands, in 4 turns. Now even I think thats
>> getting a little to powerfull, and they were my troops! Perhaps I'm not
>> understanding this correctly. They each have a pulsar that does d6 anti
>> tank shots. That means that for the 3 of them I have 3-18 anti tank shots!!
>> When they are on overwatch you can expect them to get about 13 - 15 shots!!
>> Am I not undertstaning these things right?
>>
>> Timothy J. Kilgore
>> tkilgore_at_...
>>
>> You know Aerosmith is getting old when they start singing songs about thier
>> aching joints "Falling in Love is Hard on your Knees"
>
>sauron1_at_... writes; My son's and have been playing Epic since
>Titanicus,are the Engines of Vaul Eldar fliers or the new light tanks?
> sauron1

Engines of Vaul are the new heavy tanks. YOu haave the choice of Scorpions,
that have a pulsar, and Cobras, that have a distortion cannon. The tempests
have been killed, or turned into scorpions as you see fit. They are not
quite as effective as I first thought, I had numerous rules wrong, first
game I played and I didn't own the rules my opponent had fully read the
rules and we just wanted to play. They can be effective but are probably
not worth the 110 pts. I would rather get a revenant for an extra 75 pts.