Re: [Epic] Firefights

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 11:06:35 -0500

Andrew S. Cunningham wrote:

> Am I the only one out here who thinks that firefights are going to be a
> waste of time in larger battles, as they only cause one hit?

Please do not forget that lossing a firefight BREAKS the losing
detachment. If after you remove blast markers you still have some blast
markers the unit may or may not get over being broken, which, for the
record, really sucks. Not to mention the die in herds effect if you
don't get out of range (15cm) from enemy units after you do your "run
away" thing. The deaths from the fire fight are minor. It's side
effects can be game winners/losers though.