Re: [Epic] Bio-Titans! are good!

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 12:35:25 -0400 (EDT)

Excerpts from Epic: 15-Apr-97 Re: [Epic] Bio-Titans! are .. by
PAspin3551_at_...
> a) blast markers very rarely stop titans moving (in fact, they may not stop
> them ata ll).

See my recent post... if you drop 5 or more blast markers on a Titan,
they get two chances to roll a '6' to see if they can move. If they
don't do so, they can't move.

> b) The critical hits chart is so bad, one critical hit causes +4 wounds most
> of the time.

<shrug> The fact that it seems like the charts aren't right -- ie, that
the charts go from least destructive to most destructive, but 2d6 isn't
a linear scale -- might need fixing, or it might not. No way to tell,
right now....

> c) They go near a phantom titan in combat, and they lose bad style (then
> again, so does anything else).

Yup. Saving against CC hits isn't very nice....

> d) Pulsars and death rays rip them apart.

True, but they rip *anything* apart. Bio-Titans are more vulnerable
than other Titans in this regard, however.

> e) In the one battle a hierophant was used, my 5 phoenix bombers bombed it in
> 2 successive turns (I had 2 squads). It never moved, fire or did anything.

Why didn't it move? Tyranid synapse critters (of which the Bio-Titans
are two examples) *always* pass leadership tests. Therefore, the
bio-titans are immune to the "stop movement" effect of blast markers.
Not firing I can understand, but not moving...?

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...