Re: [Epic] Things I miss in E40K

From: W. Gregory Klett <cyclops_at_...>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 16:47:57 -0500

>> > I miss having each army using almost totally different equipment, sure
>> > it lead to occasional hassles but now all we have is the choice between
>> > vanilla and vanilla with only a few colored sprinkles for differences.
>> >

>> I agree. They've kind of sucked the fun/soul out of epic. I miss
>> Orcs blowing themselves up with their own grenades. Or wierd-boyz towers
>> blowing up because the mobs were too close, egging the weird-boyuz on.
>> ........... *SIGH*
>>
>They have added a tactical depth to the game that could never be achieved
>on the old system.
>Steve

 Hunh??? Excuse me! But where???
 True, Long range fire is next to worthless and CC and Airpower are the
way to go. I just fail to see this 'tactical depth'.

 Let me explain the above.
  Long range firepower, with Jump Pack and Cavalry troops getting an
effective 5x move when on assault orders, double in the move phase and
triple in the assault phase, many troop types can move entirely through
a defending units fire range in the assault phase alone! True, LR fire
is indespensible when countering opposing vehicles.

 I just can't see how shifting the emphasis from ranged combat to close
combat adds so much to the game.

  Greg Klett

| W. Gregory Klett | Those that can, do! |
| cyclops_at_... | Those that could and won't, dream. |
| | Those that can't, pretend and brag about it! |