Re: [Epic] Things I miss in E40K

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 21:03:20 -0500

At 03:21 AM 4/16/97 -0400, you wrote:

> I'm glad to see that someone agrees with me. Until I see
>otherwise, most of my so called "tactics" are going to be: Get more of
>my troops into CC, firefights, and piddly 30-45cm firefights with less
>of his troops. Which, admittedly, are the rudimentary basics of
>tactics, but the execution of this is *very* straightforward.

As are all good tactics.

> But it still irritates me
>that the majority of tactics involve getting into CC, making sure that
>you have a few random stands deeper so he can't run away, and then
>rolling that real important d6.

Has anyone tried a beaucoup-artillery/suppress-the-hell-out-of-your-opponent
army yet? I''m looking at, say, a det of about 4 doomweavers, and a bunch
of falcons and war walkers and thinking that I can stop anyone coming across
the boards after 1 turn. The doomweavers will put 2 BMs on a det, and a
decent long range det should be able to put another 2. By the beginning of
2nd turn movement (when the prep-bombardment happens) the doomweavers add
another 2. Yes, they get to remove some markers in there, but they will
have to roll to move first turn needing a 2+ on average, and 3+ second turn.
Overall that's about a 50% (45.4, if my math is correct) chance of losing a
full turn's movement, not to mention the casualties inflicted.

Temp