Re: [Epic] [E40k] Misc. Minor Foulups

From: Alan Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 02:26:44 -0700

The Ogre wrote:

> Alan Brain wrote:

> > Some (IMHO) glitches
> > 1. Eldar Guardians. These have some form of armour - better than Imp Gd,
> > anyway. They should have an armour of 4 (and cost 10 pts)
> > 2. Aspect Warriors should have an armour of 5, equal to SMs, and cost
> > more (12 pts).

> I dont agree with this. Armour 4+. Cos they only have toughness 3 do
> not forget, and in the mechanics of 40K that makes em a sierra load
> easier to kill!

Fair enough. I don't have WH40K, was going entirely by 'fluff'.

> > 3. Space Marine Scouts should lose their rapid-fire ability, decrease
> > their CC, and their armour should be 3. They should, of course, be
> > radically cheaper as a result (11 pts).

> Now you are just being stupid.

Well, it wouldn't be the first time... but why? Scouts don't have that
wonderful
carapace armour SMs have. At the moment, they have armour equal to a
fully carapaced SM, not the in-training neophytes they're supposed to
be. I've been convinced that they have flak or similar armour to an Ork,
and also a superior-to-Ork's toughness, so armour should be 4 not 3. But
the principle holds - or do you know something I don't? (wouldn't be the
first time for that, either).

--
100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo
See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture