Re: [Epic] Things I miss in E40K

From: Timothy J. Kilgore <tkilgore_at_...>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 12:16:20 -0400 (EDT)

Hmm, well, in the games I've played (Ok, ALL two of them :(), we
>had twice as many turns that we used to. All armies having air cover will
>add some depth (even if it's not much).
> As far as I am concerned (as a IG player), having everybody being
>stuck with my old probelm of 25-30cm command and control has givin ME more
>depth, because I can play like everyone else, and not be hinded. For other
>armies other than IG, I can see the problem, having to keep that windrider
>host all toghter now. I think that mabye Ig havn't gone foward, but
>everybody's else has been taken back to our postion. So it acts like a net
>gain for me and a net loss for you. (Marine's in particlar probably).

I have had no problem with command structure in my eldar army in any of the
three games I have played. I make detachments that will stand up with
eachother. None of this guardians without transport, dreadnoughts and bikes
mix up. I take a jet bike detachment. Farseer on Vyper, 10 jet bikes, 5
Vypers. 10 stand of swooping hawk with exarchs. 1 Farseer in Falcon. 10
Aspects, and 5 wave serpents. I haven't trade this yet but I am looking for
a slower detachment to give supporting fire. Perhaps Dark reapers with war
walker support.

                Timothy J. Kilgore
                tkilgore_at_...

You know Aerosmith is getting old when they start singing songs about thier
aching joints "Falling in Love is Hard on your Knees"