Re: [Epic] Things I miss in E40K

From: <oki_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 16:53:21 +0800

At 09:00 PM 4/16/97 -0500, you wrote:
>At 12:10 PM 4/16/97 +0800, you wrote:
>
>>Kelvin, you ought to be shot for giving us such a teaser like that :)
>>I dunno about the rest, but I sure would like to find out how to
>>mass-produce tanks, wave serpents quickly and cheaply. STC does not count !!
>
>Geez. Just surf some 40K modeling pages. I've run across 2 methods for
>making molds. It's not high-tech stuff, and the techniques are not
>"classified." I think GW has better things to do than go around peeping in
>windows to see if you are infringing on their copyrights. Just don't take
>the things to Games Day or try selling them.
>
>Temp

Talking about too busy to chase folks infringing (in a small way) their
copyrights, I heard Wizard of the Coast (Magic) intend to buy over TSR right ?

I understand that TSR is extremely touchy on common folks using their logos,
art, trademark, copyright stuff even in non-profit endeavour (like webpages,
FAQs and so on). Any possible connection (probably very tenous if there is)
between their over-protection of trademarks and their dwindling popularity ?

Thanks
Oki