Re: [Epic] E40K: Deteachment size.

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 08:18:10 -0500

Sutherland wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I was making up my army list tonite and I was going on the idea that one
> company would be one detachment. It went like this.
>
> Space marine company
> Captain + LandRaider 85
>
> Marine + Rhino 37 Whirlwind 27
> Marine + Rhino 37
> Devastator + Rhino 37
>
> TOTAL 147
>
> This is 3 platoons plus some support. It looks right but when I compare it
> to the detachments in the books it is way small. How big is everyone
> making their detachments? Is this too small?

Well, this is 3 squads not platoons. Take 3 of these units, with out
the captain, plus one with the captian (Company command unit) and you
would have a company. You might want to put the 3 Whirlwinds in their
own platoon/"detachment" as artillery working under infantry orders
doesn't really work that well.