Re: [Epic] E40K: Deteachment size.

From: Alan Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 23:31:40 -0700

Sutherland wrote:

> I was making up my army list tonite and I was going on the idea that one
> company would be one detachment. It went like this.
>
> Space marine company
> Captain + LandRaider 85
>
> Marine + Rhino 37 Whirlwind 27
> Marine + Rhino 37
> Devastator + Rhino 37
>
> TOTAL 147
>
> This is 3 platoons plus some support. It looks right but when I compare it
> to the detachments in the books it is way small. How big is everyone
> making their detachments? Is this too small?

Ummmmm....
In Epic (not E40K) a typical company would consist of 3 "Squads" each of
6 Marine Units and 3 Rhinos, plus 0-25 support units such as Whirlwinds,
Landspeeders, Bikes, more Marines and Rhinos etc plus an HQ section of a
Rhino and 2 Units, plus a "Special" such as a Librarian in a Rhino.

10 of these companies (they each have 100 or so troops) and you have a
chapter.

Now, to answer your question: On the smallish size of average. Few
detachments would be smaller, many bigger, but this one seems OK to me.
Two-Three E40K Detachments are about equivalent to an old Company, so
each detachment should have 10-20 units each.

--
100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo
See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture