Re: [Epic][E40k] A few comments on E40k

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 16:33:12 -0400 (EDT)

"Timothy J. Kilgore" <tkilgore_at_...> writes:
> > I was quite happy with the Dread/Falcon detachment. While
> >it's expensive, it's also pretty sturdy, *and* it moves quickly.
> >(20cm on the Dreads). The only problem is that you have trouble
> >taking a farseer (He's the softest target so gets shot first). If you
> >do it right, the Dreads make a good screen for the Falcons. And if
> >you wait for a while, you can pop the falcons up without fear of
> >retaliation by most other infantry/vehicles if there aren't enough
> >targets for the detachment in LOS.

> Well if you keep your farseer in a falcon than it doesn't matter, or better
> yet give him a wave serpent give him the disrupt and the 6 armour

        Yes, but here's another question for the Q&A. Do psykers and
commanders and anyone else I missed that can impact a battle have any
effect if they're inside a transport? For example, if the Falcon
carrying a Farseer enters Assault against yet another poor stand of IG,
(I like picking on them. Picking on one of them never happens during
the game, you have to pick on 20 of them :) Does the Eldar player add
+1 to the d6 roll because he has a psyker wishing there was a window
in his Falcon? Or do people inside transports contribute to the
assault? And if they do, how come they can't support in a normal
fashion? (+1 to the total assault for being within 15cm of an
assault)

        I guess that's a lot of questions, but I'm sure it can be
boiled down into one coherent one.

> I had thought about falcon support, but I don't own the rules and I wasn't
> sure If they could take Falcons as the main detachment.

        Yes, it's your only tank availbale in main force besides
mounting infantry in Wave Serpents (not a viable option, as I'm going
for firepower, not armed transports)

Mark