Re: [Epic] Knight units in E40K

From: Elias Tiliakos <elite_at_...>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 97 23:01:00 EST

At 09:25 PM 4/18/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Hey there,
>
> Just picked up the titan legions box(it was on sale for $35). I would
>like to get some opinions on whether the knights should be SHVs or more
>like ork stompas? In the titan legions book they are classified as SHVs.
>
> The stats would be easy if it is like a stompa. Exactly the same in fact I
>believe. Maybe give them different wpns for the different types of
>knights. What about the shield effect. Maybe a 4+ save only in the front
>90 degrees, or is this getting to complicated for E40K?
> As SHV's you could just give them 2 DC instead of the shield. I like the
>stompa comparison the best though. Keep It Simple Stupid (KISS).
>
> Comments please
> Eldar Knights? (I dont have the rules on those)
>
> That Chuk Guy

I was thinking about that myself. I too have the TL box set, and
was wondering about how to incorporate the knights. At least for
ones that were included in the box. They're Knight Paladins, right?
Here were my ideas:

Unit Speed Range FP Assault Armor Special

Knight
Paladin 25cm? 45cm 3 4/8 5+ Save

The Assualt of 4/8 would mimic the use of the lances in TL,
ie if it charged into combat, it would have an assault value of 8,
but if got charged by another unit, it wuold only have an
assault value of 4. The save I justify simply by the fact
that though the save was only to the front in Tl, it was 2+.
Now, it is simply spread out to cover the entire unit, but at a
serious reduction in power. I gave it a FP of 3 because I
think it has similar armament when compared to a Leman Russ
MBT. This is a faily powerful unit, so I think it should have
a point cost to reflect this. I was thinking in the 50 to 70
range. Also, I think that these should have an entire detachment
section to themselves (all Knights, that is).

How does that sound?

Elias