Re: [Epic] Knight units in E40K

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 23:04:35 -0400 (EDT)

Sutherland <charles_at_...> writes:
> Hey there,
>
> Just picked up the titan legions box(it was on sale for $35). I would
> like to get some opinions on whether the knights should be SHVs or more
> like ork stompas? In the titan legions book they are classified as SHVs.

        IMHO, these things should fall in between the Battle
Fortress/Engine of Vaul/Imperial SHV class, and the Scout Titan class
(Warhound, Revenant, Subjugator, Questor). The larger ones
(Castellan, Crusader, Baron) are about as heavily armed as the
Warhound. An unmodifiable 2+ save from the front makes them more
durable (again IMHO) than the standard 1+ save superheavies.

        Ooh! Hey, I've got a little bit of time at the moment
(watching a movie)

        Doing a straight averaging of the two units for the
Crusader/Castellan (merge the two, they're similar)...

Speed 15cm, Armour 6, Void Shields 1, Damage Capacity 4, Assault 8,

Weapon Fire Arc Range Firepower Notes
Quake Cannon Left 60cm (1) Mega-Cannon
Weapon Batteries Right 45cm 4
(Lascannon/Autocannon)

Use the Warhound Scout Titan damage tables for Critical and
Catastrophic damage.

I'd like it if we could come to a consensus (yeah right) on the
Knights and Squats and come up with an official Epic ML version of the
house rules (to be ignored by the minority of the list that disagrees
with them).

Perhaps make them cost 160 points, to be fielded like the Imperial
Super Heavy Tank Company, with a limit of 1-3 instead of 1-4. Choose
up to 2 "squads" of 1-3 Knights. Optionally, can field a Baron, which
must be the HQ.

Mark