Re: [Epic] blast markers vs super-heavies

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 1997 11:03:22 -0500

duckrvr_at_... wrote:

> At 03:18 PM 4/17/97 +0100, you wrote:
> >Why don't you play with this house-rules:
> >Super-heavy weapons on war machines always shoot, independently of the
> >number of blast markers. "Normal" vehicles (like LR) with SHW have their
> >shots (dice) reduced by 1 for each blast marker.
>
> I suggested that, but no one wanted to listen.

Well, the reason why the above house rule would be bad is simple. By
doing so, you have nothing other than peer pressure to prevent 4 death
ray armed titans. By making a game mechanic that rewards the titan
player for taking "normal" fire power, you, more or less automaticly,
force players to take more "balanced" titan armament. If you don't
think that 4 death ray shots is a bad thing, see my post today to Alan,
where I worked out the effects of 3 (three) day ray hits vs a EoV, a LoB
and vs a Dom.

I like the current rule, which goes a LONG way in preventing cheese, at
least by giving you a means, with in the game, of stopping the power
gamer from going ape s**t with titan weapons. If you take 4 SHW, with
out any normal FP weapons, once you get 4 BM, you quit firing. If on
the other hand you have a normal FP weapon battery, you can use it to
suck up the BM and keep your main weaopons in use.