Re: [Epic] Knight units in E40K

From: Stephen Sheldon <sheldona_at_...>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 1997 10:17:10 -0700 (PDT)

> Knights _COULD_ have the attributes normally associated with Infantry.
>
> Thus: Speed Range FP Aslt Armour Notes Pts
> Knight 10cm 30cm 3 3 5 26
>
> ONE of the below MUST be Chosen!
> +Cavalry +4
> (Paladin)
> +Assault, Cavalry +6
> (Errant,Lancer)
> +Heavy Weapons +10
> (Crusader,
> Castellan)
> +Command, Cavalry, Hero
> +34
> (Baron)

While cavalry is only for infantry, I think this idea is great. They are
good, but not overwhelming, as they should be, and as they were in SM 1st
and 2nd ed.

> Compare with your
>
> > Tac Knight 25cm 45cm 4 6 6+
> > Assault Knight 30cm 30cm 3 8 6+
> > Support Knight 15cm 60cm * 3 6+ MegaC
> > Baron 25cm 45cm 4 (12) 6+ +Hero

This is too powerful IMO. 45cm is very long for a regular knight, and 60cm
seems to be limited to war engines only, I don't think knights should be
war engines, just Big vehicles. Since pinning is no longer a rule,
becoming vehicle class seems beneficial...

One thing not considered is how they work in army lists...
How about:
Knight Detachment
HQ: Baron
    Det. HQ +25pts

You may have up to ten knights
each knight may have up to one upgrade:
*list of upgrades*

SUPPORT: Some fast IG tanks, maybe demolisher and LEman Russ.