[Epic] Re: your mail

From: Brian Douglas <bdouglas_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 10:52:22 PDT

On Sun, 20 Apr 1997 10:50:22 +0000 David Knowles wrote:

> From: David Knowles <link0031_at_...>
> Date: Sun, 20 Apr 1997 10:50:22 +0000
> To: space-marine_at_...
>
> Are there any 2nd Ed. players on this list anymore or is it just
E40K?
> Just wondering whether I should unsubscribe as I don't have the new
game.

> DSK
>

> ------------The force will be with you, always.------------
>
> David Knowles
> E-mail: Link0031_at_...
>
> Commander of Blood Angel Marines,
> Night Stalker Titan Legion,
> 8th Montanan Regiment Imperial Guard.
>
> ----May the light of the eternal Emperor shine upon you.---

Yep, probably quite a few. The impression I get (also not having
bought E40K) is Epic and E40K should be thought of as 2 distinct
games, having one doesn't exclude the other, so it would be a shame if
you felt left out.

As far as Epic 2ed is concerned I'd like suggestions for a game I'm
planning. I'm hoping to use all the Imp buildings from several boxes
of Epic and TL plus some elevated roadways to make a small city on
multiple levels. This may simply be the battleground for an urban
assault but I think I'd rather have it as an interesting area of a
battlefield with 1 or 2 objective markers, and have more objectives
spread over a large battlefield, some in woods, 1 on an open road
junction etc. The idea is to have a wide ranging battle with lots of
strategic options and to keep the points low to prevent it becoming
the Somme.

Assuming SM/IG would give lots of options for defending the city while
being able to race for other objectives what suggestions do people
have for a challenging enemy?