Re: [Epic] Re:IG soucrsts

From: Tristrim Peter Murnane <tmurnane_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 20:41:29 +1000 (EST)

        I have just a thought. With the resevres rules, you generally get
fast units arriving first. Here I have a problem with the IG army list.
        Because there is NO fast units faster than the main battle tanks
(Leman Russ) or APC's (chimra), and the only scout type units are rough
riders and sentianls, which are SLOWER, you get a sitution like this...
        A recon detament (made up of rough riders or sentianls) gets to
the battle field AFTER the tanks/mech infantry do! This is my opion,
sucks. As a Guard general, there's no point in using weither of my two
type os units that are supposed to recon in a battle (ie- to find hidder
troop deploment) actaully acting that way 'casue the wuill probably arrive
after the main attack force does.
        therefore, I have a proposel. A 'new' unit bonus like assault or
cavarly. It would be 'scout' bonus. Any unit with it would mabye double
thier movment rates as far as the reserve rule in conerned. And perhaps in
thwe 'ambush' scenerio, they would be able to detect mine fields/bombby
traps at 30cm distance (ranther than the 15 for all other units), but to
do this thay must be set up in front of the main army.
        What do other ppl think? The same thing would apply to elder
scouts, (infantry slow again!), and other types.