Re: [Epic] [E40k] Knights take 2.

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 19:45:34 -0400 (EDT)

Paul Tobia <heresy_at_...> writes:
> Although the Knights might not be as
> powerful as you remeber from 2nd. ed. (Hi Mark :) I think my prelim.
> points values reflect that.

        Hi! However, I consider the opinion of several people on the
list to be more valuable than my own one opinion, and I am clearly in
the minority.

> Unit Move Range FP AV Armor Notes Pts.
> Paladin 25cm 45cm 3 6 6+ 35

        I think a 2FP is more appropriate, if you're still interested
in a faithful conversion. They're identical to Falcons as far as
their guns go.

> Errant 25cm 15cm 4 8 6+ 35
> Lancer 30cm 45cm 3 6 6+ CLS 40

        Whatever the stats are, it sounds fine as a Paladin with +5cm
move, CLS, and costing 5 more.

> Heavy 20cm 60cm MC 3 6+ 50

        I would definitely be happier if it had a save and cost 5-10
more. The Baron has it, after all.

> Baron 25cm 45cm 4 8 6+ Sv,CLS 55

Detachment layout looks agreeable to me.

> For the rationale why I chose what I chose I refer you to my previous
> postings on the subject. All criticism, suggestions, praise will be
> accepted. :)

        Sounds like it's almost done. Can we get Allen to submit this
to the Primarchs after a playtest?

Mark