[Epic] Epic Greetings

From: Tuomas Pirinen <tpirinen_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 17:48:33 +0100

Greetings, Epic40K players! I am sending this message on behalf of Andy
Chambers.

Tuomas Pirinen, Games Designer, GW

Greetings Epic players, having lurked around and kept tabs on the chatter I
must say thank you for your comments, many of them have been particularly
interesting and provided plenty of food for thought. Jervis has fielded
rules queries, although one which hasn't been asked yet (surprisingly) is
about there being two values listed for Nurgle daemon engines , 31 points
and 45 points. The right value is 31 points. We're coming up on the first
reprint now and we will be fixing the most tricky problems there.
Some early posts drew some comparisons with modern military organisation
and cast doubts on our awareness of them (which is rather harsh and not
even vaguely true). I personally feel that we draw too many comparisons
with the modern military machine when we are supposed to be depicting
organisations from a regressive, galaxy-wide empire of 40 odd thousand
years in the future. Arguing about whether things should be called
batteries or squadrons is moot- you can call them anything you like (teams,
troops, septs, maniples, sections, platoons, Barharugs or anything else) as
long as it sounds evocative. Having said that I did enjoy reading Mr
Looney's Soviet (Valhallan?) motor rifle division immensely.
All the best, XXAndy C

"My candle burns at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah my
friends and oh my foes, it gives a lovely light!"