Re: [Epic] !!Assault moves?!?!

From: DAVID C LADO, DEPT OF NEUROSCIENCE <LADO_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 16:29:36 -0500 (EST)

>>On page 21 of the rule book it states that inf. may double their move if
>>they come into contact with the enemy. Have ppl been playing with this?
>>
>>i.e. cav and jump packs dont get their triple move unless they go into HtH.
>>
>>and since you are not supposed to pre measure this could leave your
>>assaulting units in a very bad spot.
>>

>I want to know where this triple came from. They get thier assualt move
>doubled anyway now if they reach opponent they can double their assualt move
>double double is quadruple not triple.. I have heard poeple talk about 2
>doubles being tripling by GW but I have also seen posts with the AC & JJ sig
>on it saying double double is quadruple. There for my swooping hawks can

It comes from the rules on page 35:

JUMP PACKS

"Jump pack units have their normal speed doubled and during the assault
thier normal speed is tripled if they charge into close combat."

CAVALRY

"Cavalry units haveir their speed doubled, and during the Assault phase
their spped is tripled if they charge into close combat."

So, marine assault troops move 20 cm during the move phase. They then
move 20 cm during the assault phase, 30 cm if they enter CC with an enemy
stand. Aspects could move 45 cm if they enter CC. Nothing ever gets
its move quadrupled (as far as I know).

David