Re: [Epic] terminators E40K

From: DAVID C LADO, DEPT OF NEUROSCIENCE <LADO_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 17:46:16 -0500 (EST)

>>> Why should you not get the second save? You paid for it.
>
>>It goes off 40K mechanics aswell.
>>
>> All the carried crew, even multiwound stuff.
>>OR Terminator armoured stuff.
>
>Yeah, well, as of now the Q&A say you do get the save. Besides, with 1 turn
>= 4 40K turns, the LR probably takes fire for a while before it goes belly
>up. That's probably why every stand gets a chance to dismount, and in that
>situation I think it would make a difference.

I used to think like Temp (i.e. you do get the hero save), but when I
read the rules again, it says that if the transport is destroyed,
the units carried get a 3 in 6 chance to get out or they are "destroyed".
Most of the time, when a unit is attacked it "takes a hit" (which
can be saved). If you believe that the wording in the rules is
consistant (and I think it actually is) this would mean that if the
unit fails its first dismounting roll, it is removed from play
regarless of any saves or whatever, just as when a unit is unable
to retreat more than 15cm from an enemy after loosing a close combat.

Just an opinion.

David