Re: [Epic] blast markers vs super-heavies

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 19:11:00 -0500

kullerd_at_... wrote:

> snip.
>
> . If you take 4 SHW, with
> > out any normal FP weapons, once you get 4 BM, you quit firing. If on
> > the other hand you have a normal FP weapon battery, you can use it to
> > suck up the BM and keep your main weaopons in use.
> >
> I think that I am missing something here. Why does the normal weapon
> battery suck up the BM? From reading the rule book and Q&A, it looks
> like it affects both simultaneously. That is to say, the fire power
> and the SHW are both affected.
>
> Can you please clarify this point for me.

To the best of my knowlege it works like this. You have a detachment
that has a total of say 10fp and 2 SHW. Your "firepower" for firefights
and Blast marker effects is 12, the 10 normal ones, plus the 2 SHW.
You eat 2 blastmarkers. You remove 2 point from that 12, which 2 is
up to you. It could be the 2 SHW, it could be 2 "normal" fp, it could
be one of each.

Clear as mud right?