Re: [Epic] [E40K] Imperial fliers

From: A. Allen McCarley <allen_at_...>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 17:40:56 -0500

> > << Are there still space marine thunderbolts and marauders, or has the
> > thunderhawk become the only space marine flier?
> > >>

> > The thunderbolt and marauder are now classed as Imperial Fliers (i.e. imp
> > guard).
> > Dont know what the thunderhawk classes as now (is it imp. guard or space
>
> All the Imperial Fliers come under the category of Imperial Navy, and are
> considered IG. Ironically enough, with the new rules you do not even need
> any figures for fliers.
> Steve

Hmmmm...... This wasn't the impression I got when I was reading the army
lists. Aren't the Space Marine and IG infantry and armored detatchment
lists titled as either SM or IG? The flyer selection is simply titled
"Imperial Flyers."

With the new organization of the human armies, I took this to mean that these
were flyers that any Imperial force could use as their own. Thus if the
Marines want to use thunderbolts then the planes are marine thunderbolts.
This would go along with the old Marauders and Thunderbolts, which were
split color units.

If this isn't the case then Thunderhawks would be IG units as well, as they
are on the same list with the other human fliers. This would seem very odd,
as the description of Marine armies includes a section on "Marine THawks."

Allen (The Q&A guy)
Check out the EPIC and EPIC 40K Q&A Pages at:
     http://work1.utsi.edu:8000/~amccarle/default.html
If you have questions about EPIC 40K and can't find the answers
in the rule books, send them to:
                    allen_at_...
They will be passed on to Jervis Johnson and Andy Chambers.