Re: [Epic] Close Combat

From: James Flowers <jflowers_at_...>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 21:21:27 +1200

Hi All!

Andy Meechan wrote:
> Here's a little something that happened last night:

> 7 Marine stands Assault a lone Eldar psycher. One Assault stand gets
> into hth and five manage to support (woo hoo!). The combat is won by 3
> on the dice.

> The Eldar can only take 1 Blast Marker as there's only 1 Eldar unit in
> contact (this wasn't disputed).

> However the Eldar player thinks this translates as losing the combat
> by 1 (instead of 3) and therefore both sides need a 4+ to kill each
> other (as opposed to 2+/5+ - or whatever a '3' result gives).

> My 'take' is that the Eldar Commander panicked and would take a 2+ hit
> in addition to his Blast Marker - and would need something more than a
> 4+ to hit back.

> Comments?

You are right Andy, IMO. We had a similar situation in our first games of
E40K and decided that the difference (+3 in the example above) was used
to determine 'dice to kill' results, even though the losing side might
actually take less (1 in the example above) blast markers.

My 10 credits...

Kind regards, JAMES FLOWERS