Re: [Epic] [E40K] Some Questions...

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 20:17:21 -0500

At 10:04 AM 4/25/97 +1200, you wrote:

>MOVEMENT
>(Note: An 8x4' table is 244x122cm) Under March orders a detachment of
>Assault Marines in Rhinos could, at least as far as I can see in the
>rules, March 85cm (30cm tripled, less 5 for unloading) in the Rhinos,
>then move a further 55cm (10cm doubled for J/Packs, tripled for marching,
>less 5 for unloading), for a total of 140cm! Is this correct? Or are the
>+/- 5cm load/unload penalties applied to the unit's SPEED (it says
>MOVEMENT in the rulebook), for a total of 120cm (25cmx3+15cmx3)?

We noticed that one, too, and it's a lot worse when you take eldar (well, 15
cm worse). But what I really want to know is, if my falcons are on march
and the aspects loaded in them are on assault, can I do the above action and
enter cc and/or firefights. You would be vulnerable while still loaded in
the falcons, but I could see it working in certain circumstances.

>SHOOTING/FIREFIGHT
>Calculating Firepower values you subtract the number of Blast Markers on
>the detachment from the final FP value. If you get to zero (0) or less do
>you treat the attack as having a minimum FP of 1 (the lowest rated on the
>FP table)?

I'd go with the 0 fp.

>* SHWs can target any vehicles or war engines they like, otherwise they
>target the nearest infantry units as with normal firepower.

Sounds like a good house rule.

Temp