[Epic] Please Critique My Chaos Horde

From: Adam R Blitzer <blitz4_at_...>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 1997 19:14:50 EDT

Hello. I would be very greatful if anyone would be willing to take the
time to comment and or make suggestions on my 5,000 point chaos army.
This army is designed to fight along side an ork ally against an imperial
guard army and an Eldar army. I have designed it sort of charge forward.
The more "fragile" units like Juggers will be screened by regenerating
infantry like Bloodletters and Trolls. I will also load one warbandof
trolls into the Plague tower in order to get them into battle a little
more quickly. The greater demons will largely be around to distract enemy
fire. With four greater demons, I should have enough cards around to keep
the Bloodthirster, Plague Tower, or Lord of Battles alive for a while
(the Keeper will most likely be in the woods or behind a hill where he
will be safe from fire but still able to use his auara of slaanesh). If I
can get the Bloodthirster into CC, he should wreak a lot of havoc against
my eldar or IG opponent. Even if he should happen to lose, I could burn a
card (assuming I haven't wasted them all trying to get into CC...that
would be the worst-case scenario though). Meanwhile, the bloodletters and
trolls should be arriving to delvier a crushing blow in CC. During this,
the renegade IG artillery company is pounding away at the
opponent...softening him up for the initial assault (by the way, can
renegae IG units go on first fire or only advance and charge like chaos
units?). Please let me know what you think. The army is listed below and
is devided by Greater demons or IG company.

5,000 Point Chaos Horde
Lord of Battles - 500
Khorne Juggers - 150
Khorne Juggers - 150
Khorne Juggers - 150
Khorne Juggers - 150
Subtotal: 1100

Bloodthirster - 300
Bloodletters - 150
Bloodletters - 150
Bloodletters - 150
Troll Warband - 250
Troll Warband - 250
Subtotal: 1250

Plague Tower - 400
Troll Warband - 250
Troll Warband - 250
Minotaur Warband - 250
Subtotal: 1150

Keeper of Secrets - 300
Subtotal: 300

Artillery Company- 600
Bombard Battery - 250
Leviathan - 350 (mostly to counter the opponents leviathan)
Subtotal: 1200

By the way....the ork ally for this army is a highly mobile one based
around the kult of speed and the Goffs but also relies on supporting fire
from Weirdboy towers, Braincrushas, and a slasha gargant. The IG army
that it will face has a lot of artillery, many knights, and some SHV's.
The Eldar army is like a jack of all trades...not particulary good ant
any one thing but doesn't have too many weaknesses. Seemed very flexible
in the first game (tied in a one on one with my ork horde).

                                        Sincerely,
                                                Adam Blitzer