Re: [Epic] YES genestealer moves 95cm in one turn!!!!

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 1997 23:50:15 -0400 (EDT)

Robert Lenghaus <lenghaus_at_...> writes:
> On Mon, 28 Apr 1997, James Flowers wrote:
> > Sorry to burst your bubble Robert but the double move in the Assault
> > Phase only counts for infantry units that end in contact with enemy
> > units. It doesn't apply to vehicles (like Assault Spawn) or war
> > engines...

> So by your logic (sorry I haven't got the book with me) stuff like Land
> raiders can't double movement when assaulting, is this right?

        AFAIK, this is how the rules work. If you are on assault
orders, you get to make an assault move (same as your normal move).
If you are infantry, your assault move is twice that of your normal
move.

        So, Land Raiders and Mycetic spores are not infantry, so they
do not double their assault move.

        Also, how is "Forced March" better for these troops? Yes, it
gets you there at 3x speed instead of 2x speed for assault, but you
don't get an assault move, so how are you supposed to get into
Assault unless your opponent does it for you?

Mark