Re: [Epic] YES genestealer moves 95cm in one turn!!!!

From: Robert Lenghaus <lenghaus_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 15:00:04 +1000 (EST)

On Mon, 28 Apr 1997, James Flowers wrote:

> Hi All!

> consider.
>
> >> James Flowers wrote:
> > > Sorry again Robert, but this is good news for you. Read the Army Book
> > > again carefully...it's a maximum of 2 G/S units per G/S Brood, and
> you
> > > can have up to 10 Broods in a swarm, so that's potentially 20
> G/Stealers
> > > in a swarm, although not much of anything else.
>
> >> Robert Lenghaus wrote:
> > Sorry I'm going to have to disagree with you I specifically looked this
> > one up and worked it out I was so pissed by this restriction.
> >
> > Unless my memory has totaly gone the Tyranids list looks like this.
> >
> > Per swarm you may take up to TEN broods
> > but you may only take ONE brood of genestealers consisting of up to two
> > models.
> >
> > Does anyone have the book on them to resolve this.
> >
> > I would have to say at only ten points these restrictions gain some
> sort
> > of credibility when you consider how deadly 'stealers are.
>
> Sorry again Robert, but you are wrong. Check the example sheet on page
> 108 to see what they mean by saying ONE BROOD. It's GW wording (again),
> but if you only allow purchasing broods on that basis then you can't even
> purchase the necessary 3 Synapse creatures following your logic? Anyway,
> the example on 108 certainly allows multiple G/S broods, plus multiple
> T/W broods, etc.
>
> Don't sell yourself short as a Tyranid player. Take it from a Tyranid
> player!
>
> Kind regards, JAMES FLOWERS

I stand corrected.

I will now go to work on my new horde.
Imagine this ten stands of 'stealers plus transporting spawn and
commanders, assault value probably somewhere about 88,
points cost about 230
I shudddder :)

Thanks very much all people who have informed me of my stuff ups
(I will realy have to buy the boxed set now)